Selected in the top 100 Economics Sites

Follow me on Twitter

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Best of the Funny Economist: Pick 4 heart break.

My degenerate horse race gambling buddies and I hit the late Pick 4 last weekend at Churchill Downs. We had the "All" in the last race so we won for sure...just a question of which horse would win and for how much. It was for as little as $750 on a $2 Pick 4 ticket or as much as $13,500 in the unlikely event that a 35-1 bomb managed to clunk up and hit the wire first. But that had about as much chance of happening as the world seeing the natural conception of Richard Simmons Jr. Guess who comes from second to last way at the back of the field, running six wide at the top of the stretch way on the outside and continues the charge at the end and makes me have a coronary...that's right, the $13,500, 35-1 bomb horse. His name is Even Aly and he is the #14.





The Pick 4 still paid $1070...but I cried for 90 minutes.

No comments: