I recently went to Los Angeles as an invited participant/speaker at a conference on the Great Depression. The conference was over Sunday March 13 and rather than fly right home, I decided to stay an extra day and go to Santa Anita Park. It was beautiful and for once I walked out of the track a winner! I went with the Class of 1997 ECU Econ Alumni Hall of Fame member Phil McPherson who resides in Newport Beach, CA. From the top left:
1. I saw my brother again who asked me for $50 bucks.
2. Me at the gates of Santa Anita Park.
3. Class of 1997 ECU Econ Hall of Fame Member Phil McPherson studying the form.
4. Horse racing Icon "Jimmie the Hat" walked right by me. I yelled at him and took his picture.
5. A short video on the beauty of Santa Anita.