Selected in the top 100 Economics Sites

Follow me on Twitter

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Schmuck Hall of Shame: Was it worth it kid?















It has just been revealed that Governor Mark Sanford, in what appears to be an endless repeat of Ground Hog Day for the Republican Party, has just admitted he was in Argentina shacked up with an old friend. Well isn't that just spiffy? Explain that to your four beautiful sons dude. Then maybe you can find the words for your wife.
Many years ago I was outside the five star Four Seasons Hotel in Chicago visiting some friends. Real nice place. $500 a night. Some old homeless guy comes up to me and asked, "you staying here?" I told him yes. He asked me with his weather-worn face all scrunched up and head cocked to one side, "was it worth it kid? I mean was it really, really worth it?" I now ask that of the Governor. I have not seen the press conference yet but I just hope he did not have his wife with him and humiliated her like all the schmucks before him.
It is said, correctly, that Republicans have a Jezebel problem while Democrats have a tax and charity giving problem. Well, at least Tim Geithner gets to go home tonight to his loving wife.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

I guess Sanford's wife told him to take a hike, so he did!