Selected in the top 100 Economics Sites

Follow me on Twitter

Friday, April 3, 2009

Amity Shlaes and The Forgotten Man




I was invited to attend a conference last Monday at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York with the theme being "A Second Look at the New Deal". The author of the book The Forgotten Man, Amity Shlaes, asked me if I would come and you don't turn down invitations like that. Anyone with any interest in the New Deal and the history of the Great Depression should put this book on their reading list. Amity Shlaes really makes the history come alive as she tells it through the eyes of the participants in real time. I read the whole 383 pages of text in less than 2.5 days. Any student of this period should not miss it. And thanks a lot for thinking of me Amity.

No comments: